My friend Tara shared with me her awesome White Chicken Chili recipe but it was a tad too spicy for my guy. I found another white chicken chili recipe on Allrecipes.com and it was ok, a little bland for my taste. I combined the two recipes and came up with this one. I love this and would eat this once a week if I could. It is a little spicy for my hubby but this is his favorite of all the versions too so it’s a win win. Most of my children also eat this so it can’t be that spicy.
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
• 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans ( I use canneli beans)
• 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 can cream of chicken soup
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chicken and white beans. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove the mixture from heat. Serve warm. It’s looking a little bland here, time to add some garnishes!
3. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, jalepenos and crushed up tortilla chips. Ah, this looks much tastier! Enjoy!
I’m linking up here: