Ok, the wait is over, the window treatments have been found and this room is finished! I love this room, everytime I walk upstairs and catch a glimpse of the walls, I get a little giddy.
Here is what the room originally looked like, it was really a lovely sea glass green. Let’s just call it a bad paint color choice made while pregnant.
I only have two pictures of this room, I thought I had more but I can’t find them. I think I say that for every room reveal. I really need to organize my photos but that’s another project for another day or maybe another year. Does anyone else throw their photos in a bin and quick shut the lid before they throw up all over the floor? I know Jen at I Heart Organizing just did a photo organizing challenge a few months ago so if you are looking to organize your photos, head over and see her blog, it’s full of great stuff! Back to the room, I get easily sidetracked. Maybe that’s why I have a hard time finishing projects.
Anyways, on to the finished project!
Here’s the before and after:
I didn’t want to spend a lot of cash on this room and I think I did a decent job of that. The lattice strips were $7.38 for a bundle and I didn’t even use them all for this room. I primed and painted the strips before we nailed them to the wall. Hubby also cut them all to uniform length so they would match up vertically with the chair rail. We measured about every 11 inches apart on the wall for the strips. After hubby used the air nailer to nail them to the wall, we used some chair rail leftover from the kitchen project and cut and nailed that to the wall above the strips. We filled in holes and gaps with caulk but seeing as the strips are very narrow there wasn’t much of a gap between the wall and the lattice strips. I then painted the wall white underneath the chair rail which helped fill in any gaps between the wall and the lattice as well.
The lamp I redid with some jute for $2. I sprayed the shade with some adhesive spray, then wrapped the jute around the shade, spraying sections of the lamp as I went until it was done.
The pictures are flight maps that someone gifted to us, the frames for the flight maps were $1 each and are old black walnut door fronts from a store. I cut the maps to size and fit them in the door front and cut pieces of cardboard to fit in the back to hold the maps in place.
The picture frames with his name were from the dollar section at Target. I made the letters on Google docs and then printed them out on our printer and cut the paper to fit the frame, so total for that was $4.
I made the flag pennant/bunting thing with some material that cost about $6 total. I made a diamond shape out of cardboard, traced the diamond pattern onto the fabric, sprayed adhesive on the backside of the diamond fabric and then folded it over the jute twine (leftover from the lamp) with the widest part of the diamond shape at the top.
I made the pillow for the bed for about $6, the rug was $17 on clearance at Target and the quilt was from TJ Maxx for $29. The dresser was gifted to us, the cubeicle I purchased for $50 and the fabric bins for that were $18. I purchased two gallons of paint for a total of $52 and the valances were $11 each from Shopko.
Grand total for this room: $199.00 Woo hoo!
I’m linking up here: