It’s that time again, it only happens twice a year, The One Room Challenge or (ORC) as we like to call it. I’ll be linking up again every Thursday for the next 6 weeks. It’s not too late for you to join in as well, it’s a great way to meet other bloggers, see awesome design and get something accomplished in your home. This is my third time linking up, the past two times I’ve done the kids nautical bathroom and our sexy master bedroom.
This time I’ve decided our Master Bathroom is ready to match the sexy bedroom.
It’s not that there’s anything ugly or bad going on in here, it’s just very boring and needs some life. We’re ready to sexy up this room.
We’re aiming for a more chic/glamorous/sexy bathroom. Here’s some inspiration of where I’d like to see this go, we need brassy gold goodness for sure. And some marble and beyond that, well I just love the second photo, too bad my bathroom doesn’t have a window, claw foot tub, spot to hang a chandy or a glass shower.
Unknown Source – if you know, please let me know so I can give credit where it is due.
Here’s my crude olioboard mockup.
The checklist of things we hope to accomplish:
- New Tile for the floor – already purchased
- Paint the vanity – not sure what color yet
- Change out the hardware on the vanity
- Replace the counter top and the faucet – already purchased
- New shower curtain and decor
- Shelving of some sort above the toilet
- Scrape off the popcorn ceiling – hubby’s doing this job!
- Replace the fan with a fan/light combo as it’s kind of dark when we shower and the cheap plastic builder grade one could use an upgrade
Things we’d like to do but we’ll see how much money we have left:
- Crown Moulding
- Tile the wall or put up some type of moulding
- Wallpaper or stencil the wall perhaps
- Somehow get a chandelier in here, if you have ideas, let me know how to make it work!
We are so ready to get going on this room makeover! I’m slightly nervous about the tiling but we’ve done it before. I’ve been searching for brass hardware for a few weeks now and the ones I want are over $11 a piece. This makeover is being done with mostly gift card money so we’re going to be diy’ing and thrifting/shopping cheap. Here’s my olioboard and you can check out my pinterest board for more inspiration.
I will be posting more pics on my instagram , (inspriringheartsandhomes) so follow me there to get the latest on the bathroom!
And for sure head over to Linda’s blog Calling It Home to check out the awesome blogs participating and linking up!